Follow @crossfitblondie on Instagram

Monday, October 7, 2013

Palio?

I think it's cute (yea I say cute because I'm a GIRL.. and things can be cute.. except in the gym.. Kettlebells aren't cute) when I hear people call paleo, palio!

What is Paleo?

Paleolithic diet/lifestyle (for me it's a lifestyle, not a diet) also known as the Caveman Diet, Primal, Hunter-Gatherer is based on the paleolithic era; eating lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, and healthy fats. Pretty much if the cavemen couldn't eat it... You can't either!

This as I will call it.. lifestyle.. teaches us to eat whole, natural, unprocessed foods steering clear of refined foods, trans fats and sugars. Foods you are not allowed to eat are dairies, grains, processed food & sugars, legumes (such as beans & peanuts), starches, and alcohol.

What you say? Isn't wine paleo?

Depending on what your ending goals are, I would refrain from all alcohol in general. Although if you want to drink I would stick with 1 glass of red wine... Not the whole bottle.

First thing to get started: Throw everything thing out that is on the DO NOT CONSUME list.

I know depressing. But having that food in your cabinet will lead you to temptation.

Second: When shopping for food buy no more than two weeks worth of food. It might be annoying to go grocery shopping every 2 weeks, but you'll get over it when you get the hang of things. The foods you're buying are fresh so purchasing items in large quantities that you might not be able to eat quickly will be no bueno for you and your wallet. But again, I could be wrong, this is only what I do and I'm just giving you suggestions.

Third and lastly, look up a few Paleo blogs and purchase Paleo cookbooks and get to cooking!

For those that are making this a lifestyle, start your diet off by eating strict. After the first 3 weeks once you get the hang of things give yourself 1 meal a week for you to use as a cheat. Unless you're balls to the wall and want to live a clean living life.. Then freaking HIGH FIVE, because YOU'RE AWESOME! Now if I wasn't doing the Lurong Paleo Challenge, you bet your ass I'd be eating a freaking cookie if I wanted. Or a few pieces of the 3 1/2 pound bag of tootsie rolls my husband MADE me buy him. Ugh! (I actually almost hid it from him this morning on my way to the gym tehehe)

I hope this helps for some of you who are curious about what paleo is and how to get started!

Good luck! :) :)

Xoxo!






No comments:

Post a Comment