Follow @crossfitblondie on Instagram

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Give Yourself Credit

I tend to beat myself up, mentally.

I never give myself credit where credit is due.

I've been upping my weights this past week to get me out of my comfort zone. 

Learning to be comfortable with the uncomfortable.

If I don't get as many rounds in an AMRAP or don't finish the WOD in the allotted time frame, I walk out beating myself up; telling myself I could have done better, to try harder next time, and keep pushing through once I hit that wall.

When in reality, I should really take a moment to pat myself on the back. I've come a long way from when I first started. I've worked my ass off to get here. I should remember that not everyday will be AWESOME times and PR's. Not everyday will be perfect. Some days will be harder than others, but as long as I show up and give it my best that's all that matters. 

I'm proud of myself this week for stepping things up, and feel I will not only a better athlete, but a stronger individual once I learn to give myself credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment