Follow @crossfitblondie on Instagram

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dump your Diet

 I wish I saw this years ago....








I'm happy to say that Crossfit has helped me beat a horrible demon of mine...

Body Image.

Growing up I thought in order to be considered pretty, beautiful or attractive you had to be skinny.

 I would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get there.

My mind was so warped by how I thought society wanted me to look.

And it wasn't until 2 months ago I threw the scale away. A huge sigh of relief came off my chest the moment I did it.

Negative memories surround that ugly scale...

I'd wake up in the morning stand on the scale, and hate the numbers I saw. I would tell myself, "You gained 5lbs.. How can you lose that in a couple of days to a week?" I would yo-yo diet to get back to that number that my brain was fixated on. If my pelvic bones did not stick out I felt "fat". I was never happy with how I looked. Sometimes I would cry and I wouldn't want to leave the house due to not feeling happy with how I felt about myself.

My now husband gave me the BIGGEST reality check, and I don't even think he realizes he did it. He received a text message of my now idol, Christmas Abbott, saying how hot she was. I asked him who texted him, and saw the message and specifically told him, "SERIOUSLY!? Women with muscles look DISGUSTING. You think that looks hot?" Deep down I knew she was gorgeous, but had my own mindset of how women should look. He said to me, "To be completely honest with you, I think women who are fit are far more attractive than stick thin women." Here I was striving to be thin to be "pretty" and have my soon to be husband think I'm "attractive" when in reality I'm doing the complete opposite! I was making myself unhappy, and miserable in order to achieve a certain look.

A couple months after hearing this is when I started Crossfit. I have never been so happy not only with how I feel about my body, but how I feel about myself. It has completely changed my life for the better, and I'm thankful for that! I hope that by sharing my struggles in life, that I can help at least one other person that is going through the same destructive path I did. Today is a new day, start today!

On a happier note....

Guess what day it is today!?!?

HUMP DAY!!!!!

Make it a good one :)

Xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment