Follow @crossfitblondie on Instagram

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Who's this!? It's meeeee...

Well, hello!

Fancy seeing you here ;)


I've been toying around with the idea of bringing my blog back to life, and now look where we are today!


SO much has happened since my last post. Let me quickly fill you in...



  • I had my son, Brandt, in 2014. He is now 3.5 years old! What the heck!? Where does the time go!? He continues to be the light of our world and simply amazes us each day. But MAN, there are some days where I need a little light and some Jesus to get through. I wouldn't call them terrible 3's... trying. It is a VERY trying time in our lives 😝 I wouldn't change it for the world.
  • My husband continued to work for Cal Fire as a Seasonal Firefighter up until June 2017 when he promoted to an LT Engineer. {difficult time in my life which I will address on another post} January 2018, he accepted a permanent position as an Engineer, and now is currently separated from Cal Fire {again, maybe another post, who knows. I do want to keep some of my personal life personal} after 13 years working for them. This has been another obstacle in our lives, but Jesus take the wheel we are getting through it. If this is the WORST of our problems, I'd say we're doing pretty good.
  • I joined a Network Marketing company in 2015, whom I still love very much, and quit in 2017. Met some incredible badass {sorry I'm not going to censor myself here} women along the way! Sometimes, I regret my decision to quit, but for now I think it was best. 
  • Summer of 2016, my anxiety started coming back, and it continued to get worse over time. I feel like I'm just now starting to get a grip on it, but have my set backs here and there. {stay tuned.. more to come}
  • We lost some pretty amazing people in our lives over the past year. I continuously remind myself that some day we will meet again. But shit, sometimes it just freaking hurts that they are no longer here.
I stopped CrossFitting in August of 2017 when the location I was going to closed. Broke my heart to not be able to workout in a space I felt so comfortable in and see so many familiar faces who ultimately became family. Since my anxiety was pretty bad, I took it as a sign to venture onto something WAY out of my comfort zone.. Yoga/Pilates! I absolutely LOVE them both, but my schedule no longer jives {adding: working mom to resume now} with the studio I was going to 😭

Starting February 2018, I started heading down a deep dark slippery slope. I would wake up anxious, wouldn't want to do anything, lost drive and motivation. I would have to beg myself to leave the house because in the end I knew it would be good for me. I had a hard time accepting what was happening, but thoughts and feelings that I had felt in my past kept creeping up on me. There have been very few people I have shared with the thoughts going through my head, but I knew I needed to. These thoughts/feelings needed to be faced head on, and I have the support of my amazing husband by my side. 

All of this lead me to wanting to get back into writing and bringing my blog back to life. Having this blog was extremely therapeutic for me in the past, and it's why I came crawling right back. I've also felt sharing my struggles, might just help someone else out who might be going through similar situations.

This past week had me feeling a lot of lows. I woke up yesterday and looked at myself in the mirror, and said I'm not happy with where I am, what I've become, and how I look. I need to do something... NOW. I got myself dressed and signed up for a membership at a Globo Gym. There is obviously NOTHING wrong with Globo Gyms.. they just personally haven't been for me, and I never saw results from them. The machines are intimidating {maybe because I don't know what the HELL I'm doing}, and there are a thousand treadmills {have I ever mentioned I hate running!?}

I MISS all things CrossFit, but I will be experimenting and CrossFitting with the equipment they have available! The past two days have been interesting as I'm adjusting to my new environment.

Here are the workouts I've done each day:

Day 1 - Warm Up: Run 1 mile {ok, so walk - with an incline - then run, and back to walk, then run} 12:31 not too shabby! I'll take it.

then...

5 Rounds of 30 sit ups & 20 dumbbell power snatches {12lbs} 

Day 2 - Warm Up: 200m row on the rowing machine {this thing is SO weird & is most definitely NOT a Concept2 Rower} 

Started with some Yoga Stretches before hopping right into it.

For Time: 25 Dumbbell Goblet Squats {12lbs}
25 Push Ups
25 Air Squats
25 Push Ups
25 Dumbbell Goblet Squats

I REALLY wanted to use the pull up machine {some lady kept hogging it} my next workout I decided to improvise and change up

5 Rounds of 20 Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans {12lbs} & what was supposed to be pull ups I changed to 10 Dumbbell Push Presses. 

I feel SO good, and I'm surprisingly looking forward to tomorrow's workout! It's been so long since saying that, but it feels good to be back on track and back here 💕

Until next time...

XO Crossfit Blondie 💪

No comments:

Post a Comment